Positive shifts in your alignment positively affect all of your bodys systems (i.e. immune, circulatory, nervous, muscle). While the results of Rolfing differ from person to person, clients commonly report many of the following benefits:
- Provides Pain relief reducing medication
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces Swelling
- Stimulates cell growth
- Stimulates cell metabolism (activation of ATP & protein)
- Stimulates Enzyme synthesis
- Enhances collagen synthesis
- Provides antioxidant effect
- Stimulates immune system
- Promotes tissue regeneration
How Does It Work?
ERCHONIA Lasers emit visible coherent light that is applied to affected area. Bundles of light energy pass through the dermal layers, and are received within the cell membrane by specific energy photo acceptors. The increase in intra-cellular energy results in altered cell membrane permeability, and physiological changes occur through an enzyme cascade to affect several biological processes. Within the injured musculoskeletal tissue, low-level laser light initiates increase microcirculation and enhanced tissue regeneration. The overall effects are decreased pain and inflammation, and increased range of motion.
1. Acetylcholine is released from a motor nerve. This causes an entry of calcium into the muscle cell.
2. Calcium activates phosphorylase kinase the first protein kinase discovered by Fischer and Krebs.
3. Phosphorylase kinase phosphorylates phosphorylase, which is activated
4. Glycogen is broken to glucose. This is used to generate ATP
5. The muscle works and requires energy in the form of ATP
6. The muscle contains muscle cells
7. Contractile proteins in the muscle are activated by calcium
This is the gospel of Rolfing:
When the body gets working appropriately, the force of gravity can flow through.
Then, spontaneously, the body heals itself.
Dr. Ida P. Rolf.