Neural (Part 3)
Neural, Visceral and Energetic Integration Cranial Nerves, Sutures, Plexi and the “Diaphragms”
Part 3 in the Neural/Visceral series of classes will begin with a review of the material from Part 1 and 2 with emphasis on strategizing sessions.
We will then focus on reviewing the relationships of core structures as they relate to the neck, cranium, diaphragm and pelvic floor. A layer by layer approach will serve to organize our exploration of cranial bones, membranes and nerves.
The meridians are channels that give access to the visceral, neural and nervous systems. These energetic pathways will serve as a backdrop to our explorations and treatment approaches. The diaphragms in the body function to dampen and mitigate energy flow in the body and have system-wide effects. These specialized membranes will be addressed to release holding patterns in the interosseous membranes of legs and arms, pelvic floor, respiratory diaphragm and thoracic outlet.
Goals of the class:
- Explore the anatomy and function of the brain and cranial nerves.
- Learn a system for assessment and treatment of energetic and neuro-reflexive dysfunction based on meridians and energetic flow.
- Learn a repertoire of manipulations for cranium, neck, thoracic outlet, diaphragm and pelvic floor.
- Discover typical pain patterns that arise from dysfunction of the brain and cranial nerves.
- Learn neural & visceral-fascial mobilizations for the cranium and neck.
- Learn practical integration into treatment sessions.
PREREQUISITE: Must attend either Part 1 or Part 2 of the Neural Visceral series.